Car Accident Lawyer in Peachtree City
Helping Clients Injured in Car Accidents in Fayetteville, Newnan, Tyrone & Fairburn
Car accidents are a leading cause of injury and death in the United States. In Georgia, thousands of people are injured and killed in car accidents each year. If you or someone you love was involved in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
At Anderson Law, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll a car accident can take on you and your family. Our Peachtree City car accident attorney is here to help you fight for the full, fair recovery you are owed. We have successfully handled thousands of cases and have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
What to Do After a Car Accident
Knowing what to do after a car accident can help you protect your health and your right to recover compensation. If you were involved in a car accident, follow these steps:
Step 1: Check for Injuries
Check yourself and others for injuries. If anyone is injured, call 911 and request an ambulance. If you are able to do so, move your vehicle out of the way of traffic and turn on your hazard lights.
Step 2: Call the Police
Even if the accident was minor, you should call the police and report the accident. When the police arrive, ask for a copy of the police report or the officer's name and badge number to obtain a copy later.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Georgia?
If you were injured in a car accident, you have limited time to file a lawsuit. In Georgia, the statute of limitations for car accident lawsuits is two years from the accident date. If you fail to file a lawsuit within this time frame, the court will likely refuse to hear your case, and you will be unable to recover compensation for your injuries.
While two years may seem like a long time, it can go by quickly, especially if you are focused on recovering from your injuries. That is why it is important to contact a car accident lawyer in Peachtree City immediately after the accident. An attorney can help you file a claim and meet all deadlines.
What Are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
Car accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, some of which can be life-threatening or fatal.
Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a soft tissue injury when the head is suddenly jerked forward and backward. It is a common injury in rear-end collisions.
- Broken Bones: The force of a car accident can cause bones to break. Broken bones can be painful and may require surgery to repair.
- Head Injuries: Car accidents are a leading cause of traumatic brain injuries. A traumatic brain injury can cause a wide range of symptoms, including headaches, dizziness, memory loss, and more.
- Back Injuries: The force of a car accident can cause the discs in the spine to rupture or herniate. Back injuries can be painful and may require surgery to repair.
- Burns: Car accidents can cause fires, which can result in severe burns. Burns can be painful and may require extensive medical treatment.
- Internal Injuries: The force of a car accident can cause internal organs to rupture or bleed. Internal injuries can be life-threatening and may require emergency surgery.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Car accidents can be traumatic and can cause victims to develop PTSD. PTSD can cause flashbacks, nightmares, anxiety, and more.
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents in Georgia?
Motor vehicle accidents often stem from a range of factors. Implementing proactive steps, such as rigorous enforcement of traffic regulations, promoting driver education on safety protocols, and enhancing road conditions can assist in minimizing these incidents.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI): The use of alcohol or drugs substantially elevates the probability of collisions.
- Dangerous and Aggressive Driving: This encompasses irresponsible actions like exceeding speed limits, following too closely behind other vehicles (tailgating), and non-compliance with traffic laws.
- Distracted Driving: Activities that divert the driver's focus from the road, such as using a cell phone, eating, or adjusting the radio, contribute significantly to accidents.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Those new to driving, particularly adolescents, are more prone to making mistakes that lead to accidents.
- Excessive Speeding: Operating a vehicle beyond the designated speed limit is a frequent cause of accidents and often results in more severe injuries.
- Bad Weather Conditions: Conditions like rain, snow, and ice can reduce visibility and make roads slippery, thereby increasing the risk of accidents.
Request a Free Consultation Today
If you were injured in a car accident, you have limited time to take legal action. Our car accident lawyer in Peachtree City can help you understand your rights and options and guide you through the process of filing a claim. We can also handle all communication with the insurance company and fight for the maximum compensation you are owed.
Call us at (404) 418-9435 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with our car accident attorney in Peachtree City.