Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Peachtree City
Motorcycle accidents are often catastrophic, resulting in severe injuries and even death. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. Our Peachtree City motorcycle accident lawyer at Anderson Law can help you understand your legal rights and options. We can also help you fight for the maximum compensation you are owed.
Call (404) 418-9435 or contact us online today to request a free consultation with our motorcycle accident attorney in Peachtree City.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
After a motorcycle accident, it is important that you take the right steps to protect your health and your rights.
Here are some tips on what to do after a motorcycle accident:
- Call 911: If you are able, call 911 and report the accident. If you are unable to do so, ask someone else to call for you.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you do not think you were seriously injured, it is important that you see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), may not be immediately apparent. Additionally, seeing a doctor will help you establish a link between the accident and your injuries, which can be important if you decide to file a personal injury claim.
- Document the Accident: If you are able, take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and any damage to your motorcycle. You should also write down the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
- Do Not Admit Fault: After the accident, you will likely be contacted by the other party’s insurance company. It is important that you do not admit fault or say anything that could be used against you. Instead, refer the insurance company to your attorney.
- Call a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer: An experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options. They can also help you fight for the maximum compensation you are owed.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
A variety of factors can cause motorcycle accidents. In some cases, more than one party may be at fault for the accident. Our Peachtree City motorcycle accident lawyer can help determine who is liable for your injuries and losses.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Driver Negligence: Many motorcycle accidents are caused by driver negligence. For example, a driver may fail to check their blind spot before changing lanes, causing them to collide with a motorcyclist. A driver may also fail to yield the right of way to a motorcyclist, causing an accident. In some cases, a driver may be distracted, drunk, or drowsy, making them more likely to cause an accident.
- Poor Road Conditions: Poor road conditions, such as potholes, uneven pavement, and debris in the road, can cause a motorcyclist to lose control of their bike and crash.
- Defective Motorcycle Parts: In some cases, a motorcycle accident may be caused by a defective motorcycle part. For example, a defective brake system may cause motorcyclists to lose control of their bike and crash.
- Motorcycle Lane Splitting: Lane splitting is when a motorcyclist drives between two lanes of traffic. While lane splitting is legal in some states, it is illegal in Georgia. Lane splitting can be dangerous because it can be difficult for other drivers to see a motorcyclist who is driving between lanes of traffic.
- Motorcycle Speeding: Speeding is a leading cause of motorcycle accidents. When a motorcyclist is speeding, they have less time to react to other vehicles and objects in the road. This can make it more likely that they will be involved in an accident.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
Motorcycle accident cases can be complex. To recover compensation, you must prove that the other party was at fault for the accident. You will also need to prove the extent of your injuries and losses. Our Peachtree City motorcycle accident lawyer can help you gather the evidence you need to prove your case. We can also help you calculate the full value of your damages, including your past and future medical expenses, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, and more.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, our Peachtree City motorcycle accident lawyer can help. Call (404) 418-9435 or contact us online today to request a free consultation. We also represent clients in Fayetteville, Newnan, Tyrone & Fairburn.