Truck Accident Lawyer in Peachtree City
Helping Victims of Truck Accidents in Fayetteville, Newnan, Tyrone & Fairburn
Truck accidents are some of the most devastating and deadly accidents on the road. A commercial truck's sheer size and weight can cause catastrophic damage to other vehicles and their occupants. If you or someone you love has been involved in a truck accident, you may be facing a long road to recovery. You may be unable to work, facing mounting medical bills, and struggling to cope with the physical and emotional trauma of the accident.
At Anderson Law, we understand the unique challenges you are facing, and we are here to help. Our Peachtree City truck accident attorney has extensive experience handling these complex cases and is prepared to fight for the maximum compensation you are owed. We have a proven track record of success, having recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and we are ready to put our skills to work for you.
Call (404) 418-9435 or contact us online today to request a free, no-obligation consultation with our truck accident lawyer in Peachtree City.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
A variety of factors can cause truck accidents. In many cases, multiple parties are at fault for the accident. Our truck accident lawyer in Peachtree City can help you determine who is liable for your damages and work to hold them accountable.
Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver error: Truck driver error is one of the leading causes of truck accidents. This can include speeding, tailgating, aggressive driving, distracted driving, drowsy driving, and more.
- Drunk driving: Truck drivers who operate their vehicles while under the influence of drugs or alcohol can cause serious accidents.
- Truck defects: When a truck is not properly maintained or has a defect, such as faulty brakes or a tire blowout, it can cause a serious accident.
- Improperly loaded cargo: When cargo is not properly loaded or secured, it can shift during transit, causing the truck to jackknife or rollover.
- Inclement weather: Truck drivers must be especially cautious when driving in poor weather conditions, such as rain, snow, or fog. When they fail to do so, they can cause serious accidents.
- Blind spots: Trucks have large blind spots on all sides. When truck drivers fail to check their blind spots before changing lanes or turning, they can collide with other vehicles.
- Defective roadways: When a truck accident is caused by a defective roadway, such as a pothole or missing guardrail, the government agency responsible for maintaining the road may be liable.
How Long Do I Have to File a Truck Accident Lawsuit?
In Georgia, you have limited time to file a truck accident lawsuit. This is known as the statute of limitations. In most cases, the statute of limitations for a truck accident claim is two years from the accident date. If you fail to file a lawsuit within this time frame, you will likely lose your right to seek compensation for your damages.
However, there are some exceptions to this rule. For example, if the truck driver who caused your accident was a government employee, you may need to file a notice of claim within a matter of months. Additionally, if the truck accident resulted in the death of a loved one, you may have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit. The statute of limitations for a wrongful death lawsuit is generally two years from the date of the person’s death rather than the date of the accident.
How Can a Truck Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Truck accident claims are notoriously complex. Multiple parties are often involved, and each party may have its own insurance company. These insurance companies will do everything they can to pay you as little as possible for your claim or even deny it altogether. They may try to shift the blame for the accident onto you, or they may try to get you to accept a lowball settlement offer.
When you hire our truck accident lawyer in Peachtree City, we will handle all aspects of your claim so you can focus on your recovery. We will conduct a thorough investigation into the accident, gather all available evidence, and work to determine who is liable for your damages. We will also handle all communication with the insurance company and fight for a fair settlement on your behalf. We will take your case to court if the insurance company refuses a fair settlement.
Recovering from a Truck Accident Injury
Recovering from a truck accident injury can be a long and difficult process. In some cases, you may be unable to work for an extended period of time, or you may be unable to return to work at all. You may require ongoing medical treatment, including surgeries, physical therapy, and more. You may also be dealing with the emotional trauma of the accident.
Call (404) 418-9435 or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation with our truck accident attorney in Peachtree City.